Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

Transitions of audio in PPTX 10 not matching original settings; they stop too quickly

New member | Level 2

I uploaded a 104 slide pptx in PowerPoint 10 with 6 embedded audio files that are to start (which they do) on a specific slide and stop on a specific slide (which they do NOT do).  The show cuts off two slides short of the end.  Why can't I upload my original correctly or is the file not downloading correctly? 

Tags (1)
4 Replies

Re: Transitions of audio in PPTX 10 not matching original settings; they stop too quickly

Dropboxer
Hey @PowerPoint10, let’s check what could be the culprit together! 

Could you specify the following details for me? I’d like to replicate on my side & see if I’m getting the same results. 

• For starters, can you clarify if the problematic PowerPoint gets cut off as you’re you’re viewing on your account online? Does that happen as you're working on it on your connected devices incidentally?
  • If you were to download the .pptx file from our website, does its file size match the original? 
  • Could you let me know of the file size in your next message if possible? 
Once you get back in touch with me, I'll make sure to address your initial inquiry a bit closer. Thanks! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: Transitions of audio in PPTX 10 not matching original settings; they stop too quickly

New member | Level 2

The size of the file:  The original is 271 mb; the size that is in the Dropbox folder is 271.32 and the size of the file that was downloaded with a Windows 365 PowerPoint is 271.32.  The Windows 365 machine is on the wireless network in my office and is different than the machine that produced the document.  When the file downloaded I got the following screen, a picture of which is attached since I can't copy/paste the info into this message--oops the picture is too big to be accepted.  So the message on the Windows 365 machine says:

.pptx files are supported but something went wrong. Then the file name and size were displayed below the text.

Regarding your question on viewing from my account--I am not sure what you mean as when I click to open it from my account I must download it.  I will close the original and try to download and see if I can play it.  The intent here is to make this file available to 150 people.  

Dropboxer
Thanks for detailed explanation @PowerPoint10!

For starters, could you include the screenshot in your next message using either of the options below? 
Attach image.png

Are you getting the same message that the picture is too big?

Following-up from your last post, it looks like we’d need to focus on the previewing issue you’re facing. Once you send me this screen grab, we may have to switch this discussion to email, since I’d need to check the info I have on file on my tools & see whether the file loads on my end. Would be okay with you? 

I’ll be awaiting your next message! 

Jane

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Dropboxer

Hey @PowerPoint10 

Dropbox uploading cannot affect the Powerpoint slides. This could be a previewing issue but If the downloaded version of the file looks wrong, as you described, in my experience, you need to re-edit in Powerpoint. winking face 

Let us know if this is working for you. Thank you so much! 

Fiona

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Transitions of audio in PPTX 10 not matching original settings; they stop too quickly
4 Replies
0 Likes
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post