Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

Highlighted

Trouble uploading from Android

New member | Level 1

Hello,
DropBox isn't allowing me to upload some files from my android phone. The message is "Unknown Error, please contact customer support." Help!

11 Replies

Re: Trouble uploading from Android

Dropboxer

Hi Alex,

I hope this issue is solved already, but in case it isn't, could you please try reinstalling the Dropbox app on your device?

Thanks!

New member | Level 1

I"m getting the same error and reinstalling doesn't help - it seems to have occurred since the 3.0.5 update a couple of days ago. The update works on my Tablet (Samsung Galaxy Note smiling face with sunglasses but not my phone (HTC Vivid)

New member | Level 1

I´m having the same problem here on my ZTE Blade 3

New member | Level 1

I was getting the same error after the initial installation of Dropbox.  Removed it, and reinstalled the App.  I noticed when it was first trying to sync with my pictures that it was 'waiting on wifi'.  I forgot I had turned it off.  Turned wifi on, and photos started syncing without issue. 

New member | Level 1

I disabled photo sync so that wasn´t the case for me :(

New member | Level 1

Same issue and error message

New member | Level 1

Experiencing the same issue and have done so for the past week. Removing and then reinstalling the app doesn't fix the problem. Please advise. 

New member | Level 1

Well, i deleted and reinstalled the app,and that worked for me until some other apps auto-updated. Then i deleted Dropbox and reinstalled again,and disabled auto-updates. I didn´t have any problems since then,it must be some kind of problem with updates. I also deleted all data and cleared cache before deleting the app,so try that as well before reinstalling. 

New member | Level 1

Tried Nikola P idea and still no way to use Dropbox, still getting the error "Unknown Error, please contact customer support."

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Trouble uploading from Android
11 Replies
0 Likes
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post