Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

Highlighted

Trouble with excel sheet transferring

Explorer | Level 3

Hello there!

I have created several excel sheets that I am saving and then trying to upload to Dropbox. This has worked fine in the past. When I upload, it turns into a blank sheet...converts somehwhat back into the template I used. Do I need to convert something somehow? I do have old versions of almost everything but it all was working pretty well before.

Thank you!

5 Replies

Re: Trouble with excel sheet transferring

Dropboxer
Hey @Alisia, if you don’t mind me asking, can you please clarify if you’re editing the spreadsheets in question (i.e. from a previously saved version) or you’re now saving those in Dropbox for the first time? Also, can you let me know how you’re saving your excel files to your Dropbox account from the options outlined here please?  

Now, when it comes to the saving options Alisia; if the former applies, then it would be useful to you to have a look at the Version History of the files causing you the issue (tip: it’s on the on the 💬 of the file in question) & see if it’s being saved correctly. 

If you’re working on these files on your desktop, then I’d suspect an underlying syncing issue. Could you have a look on your system tray/menu bar for the Dropbox icon? If you hover your mouse on it, it should display the Dropbox syncing status & the Dropbox version you’re working on. Can you confirm that you’re running the latest Stable version of the application on your desktop (78.4.119)?

Please do let me know how you get on with my hints on this discussion & I’ll do my best to check back with you. Thanks again & I'll be awaiting your next post!  

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Explorer | Level 3

Thank you Jane!

I might need to look into the save as option and pick something different.

I also haven't synced my computer. I've just been invited and have been logging in that way.

I am running the latest version.

Thank you so much for your input! I really appreciate it!

Dropboxer
Thanks for the prompt update @Alisia; I’m merely checking back with you, as I’d really like to know of the results you got when you had a look at my pointers. 

If you’re already running the latest version of the desktop application Alisia & you haven’t been able to see why the spreadsheets turn blank, then I’ll have to look into a specific file that could be causing you trouble & see if I’m getting the same outcome on my end. Please let me know here & I’ll reach out to you directly if need be. Thanks again for keeping in touch! 

Jane

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Explorer | Level 3

My coworker suggested I convert the files into CSV files so I did that and it ended up working!

I haven't investigated any further as I really needed to get this project done, but maybe now I can take some time and figure out what's going on...

I wonder if my excel version was the culprit...

Thank you for checking in!

Dropboxer

Hmmm.. 🤔 Very interesting! Would you mind checking back if your excel version was indeed the culprit & circle back to me with your findings @Alisia? I believe that it would be useful to other users having the same questions as well, so I’d be interested to know of the outcome. Thanks again & have a lovely weekend ahead Alisia! 

Jane

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Trouble with excel sheet transferring
5 Replies
0 Likes
Dropbox Design Research
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post