cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Scroll through photos in Windows Explorer/Photos application

Unable to Scroll through photos in Windows Explorer/Photos application

buddyboy101
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

Typically when you open a photo (not synced with Dropbox) in Windows 10, the photo opens in Windows' Photos default application.  Once the photo opens, you can use the right and left arrows on the keyboard to cycle through other photos in the same folder.  It's a very handy feature that appears to be disabled when the folder is synced with Dropbox.  Instead I have to now close the photo and manually open the next file from the folder.  These photos are locally-synced through Smart Sync.  Can anyone tell me if this is normal behavior?  Is there a setting that enables the arrow key scrolling again?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Yes - and if they are not doing that you need to speak to MS I'm afraid. 

Dropbox doesnt alter any settings within folders (unless Smart Sync etc. is enabled). So why it isnt scrolling sounds like a bug at their end. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

If you are using Smart Sync thats your issue - the files are not locally sync'd. So when you are double clicking to open the file its actually having to download it first. Then when you tap left or right there are no files to move to - what you see if just place holders.

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

buddyboy101
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

@Mark, thanks for your help but the photos are locally-synced.  This was stated in my original post.  Should I be able to flip through the photos in Windows Photos app on my desktop?

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Yes - and if they are not doing that you need to speak to MS I'm afraid. 

Dropbox doesnt alter any settings within folders (unless Smart Sync etc. is enabled). So why it isnt scrolling sounds like a bug at their end. 

buddyboy101
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

Thanks for confirming, @Mark.  Will look into it.  Good to know it should be able to cylce through using the arrow keys!

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

buddyboy101 Helpful | Level 7
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?