cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Upload files

Unable to Upload files

Shelby W.
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I am using Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.2 and Firefox 57.0.1.  When I go to the Dropbox website and try to upload a file, I select the upload button, then choose that file that I would like to upload. (a file and not a folder), there isnt a Start Upload button....When I click on the upload button again, nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? Any help is appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Shelby W.
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi Sanchez:

Well, what I ended up doing was to drag the file I wanted to upload over to the upload button and dropping the file there....That started the upload....

I now have another question for you.. I now want to delete a file using the Dropbox website. I login to my account, but I am unable to figure out how to delete.  Some of the instructions I found on the Internet say to click on he icon next to the file name...I don't have this...Can you possibly help me with this problem?

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @Shelby W.

So, there isn’t an Upload button at all, or it is like grayed out, not clickable? Has this just started being an issue, or has it been happening for a while? 

Let me know.
Thanks

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

Shelby W.
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi Sanchez:

No, there isn't a button at all that I can find.  Dropbox has been working great backing up, but I don't have to upload new files very often so I don't know if this has been an ongoing problem or if it just started.

Shelby W.
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi Sanchez, I got this figured out..thanks for your help...

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @Shelby W., I’m glad that you got this taken care of! I’d be interested to know how you fixed this. Let me know, if you have a chance :slight_smile:

Cheers

Sanchez
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

Shelby W.
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi Sanchez:

Well, what I ended up doing was to drag the file I wanted to upload over to the upload button and dropping the file there....That started the upload....

I now have another question for you.. I now want to delete a file using the Dropbox website. I login to my account, but I am unable to figure out how to delete.  Some of the instructions I found on the Internet say to click on he icon next to the file name...I don't have this...Can you possibly help me with this problem?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Select the file by checking the box to the left, then select Delete in the menu on the right.

0724edf13c521302b9e40f995c2138cd.png

trishmennell
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Sorry, but I'm having the same problem and don't understand how you fixed.  I've tried everything!

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there @trishmennell,

Can you let me know what you are trying to achieve, and if you receive any error messages when trying to do so? Any screenshots (excluding personal info) would be helpful in understanding what you are seeing.

If you are trying to upload files to your account then please check out this article here.

Looking forward to hearing from you - Thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

trishmennell
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thank you, Daphne.  I received no error messages.  Just nothing.  Funny thing but when I tried in Chrome, it worked.  I was in Safari.  Why would this be?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Siegel Helpful | Level 7
    Daphne Dropbox Staff
    trishmennell Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?