Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

Upload error - lost connection

New member | Level 2

I've been trying to upload 2 Excel files for a few days now with no luck. I've been uploading these same files to my Dropbox account for years.

I am signed in to my Dropbox account on the internet. Then I choose the files from My Documents on my computer. It cycles like it would normally, but errors saying lost connection. I have not lost the internet connection.

I do not and cannot use the desktop app. It is a work computer, so that is not an option to try. I can only use the Dropbox website.

Have tried other files as a test just to see if maybe my files had a problem, but the error was the same. These are very small files.

Tags (1)
4 Replies

Re: Upload error - lost connection

Dropboxer

Hello @HaveTux - welcome to the Dropbox Community!

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with uploading your files to your Dropbox account through our website. 

Just to make sure we've covered all bases here, could you clear your browser's cache, try an incognito window and/or a completely different browser with no plugins/extensions running? 

If you still get the same error, please send me a screenshot so I can have a look while I'd also suggest checking with your company's IT department in case there's a restriction, policy or a specific setup on the affected computer that could be causing this. 

Let me know what you find!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2
Tried clearing cache and still no luck. Corp said no restrictions that should apply. Attaching screenshot. Thanks

New member | Level 2

Trying to attach screen shot again...

Dropboxer

Thanks for the additional details @HaveTux!

Can you try renaming the file(s) and uploading them again?

If you're still getting the same error, please use the buttons shown below to attach a screenshot in your next response here.

Attach image.png

Thanks so much!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Upload error - lost connection
4 Replies
0 Likes
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post