Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Upload from PC to Dropbox folders fails

Level 3

I've had Dropbox on my PC for some time but have just started using it. I have moved files to the Dropbox folder on my PC, but they are not being uploaded to the Dropbox that I access from Google Chrome. What am I missing?

9 Replies

Re: Upload from PC to Dropbox folders fails

Dropboxer
Hey there @RZMcCreary,

Can you let me know if you are seeing the Dropbox icon in your system tray near the time display? If so, please click on this and let me know its current sync status (ie. syncing/up to date).

Should the desktop app be showing “Up to date”, please check the accounts that you are signed into on the app and through the web.

Let me know what you find - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Level 3

No icon in the system try. I had to put one there, but it didn’t solve the problem.

I’ll check on the accounts.

Ron McCreary

[Email address removed by moderator.]

Level 3

Found the gear, but Preferences was not one of the options.

Through the Web site I found that the e-mail on the account is the one in my signature below.

Ron McCreary

[Email address removed by moderator.]

Dropboxer
Hey again @RZMcCreary,

So it sounds like you didn’t have the desktop app running on your computer since you could not see the Dropbox icon. Do you now see a small Dropbox icon now near your time display in the bottom right corner of your screen?

If you don’t see the icon there, please press the Start key (Windows logo) on your keyboard and search for “Dropbox desktop application” and click on this option. Doing this should open the app and allow syncing of the files in the Dropbox folder.

From what you mentioned about not being able to see Preferences from the gear icon, it suggests to me that you might have the Dropbox for Windows 10 S mode version on your device, which works differently to the desktop app for computers. If you want to sync your files via the desktop Dropbox folder, please make sure you have the app installed directly from our website rather than the Microsoft store.

Let me know how it goes - Thanks!

Daphne

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Level 3

Downloaded the installer from your Web site. But when I run it it gets stuck at "Waiting to install Dropbox".

Level 3

So now I have two versions of Dropbox in my Start menu: Dropbox, and Dropbox 20MG. The latter appears to be related to some kind of offer from Dell.

I still don't see an icon in my tray.

Should I delete Dropbox through the Control Panel and run the installer again?

Dropboxer

If you go to your control panel you should be able to see the publisher, do you see one by Microsoft? This would be the version you need to uninstall. However, if you’re not sure, you can go ahead with removing both and then downloading and installing the correct version again.

After doing so, if you don't see the Dropbox icon in your system tray, you can search in your Start menu for the "Dropbox desktop application". Once you select this it should launch the app and you should then see the icon appear. If you still don't see the icon, it might be worth seeing if you have a small upward pointing arrow near the clock to expand as the icon may be there.

Hope this helps - Cheers!

Daphne

Level 3

Actually they both say they're from Dropbox, Inc. But the 20GB one is from 2015 and appears only to be an update. I'm going to delete that one.

Meanwhile, suddenly, everything seems to be working as it should. I'll let you know if I have any further problems. Thanks for your help.

Dropboxer
That’s good to hear @RZMcCreary!

Please feel free to update me here when you have the chance, should you still be experiencing some issues.

In the meantime, have a great day ahead - Thanks!

Daphne

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Upload from PC to Dropbox folders fails
9 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post