Announcements
Can you spare 5 minutes to help us improve our online support experience? Get involved!

yes

Highlighted

Upload status box rapidly flickering

New member | Level 2

Starting yesterday, and after restarting Dropbox, computer, etc., whenever I go to upload a file to Dropbox, the small rectangular box that appears at bottom of Dropbox window to let me know how much time is left for upload flickers very rapidly.  If I really focus, I can figure out what the greyed out time left is within the flickering box, and the uploading of 10GB files is not as frequently successful, but is still working somewhat. 

Any clues???

10 Replies

Re: Upload status box rapidly flickering

New member | Level 2

I've got the same issue. Had a large upload that was supposedly done but is nowhere to be found. The flickering is non-stop and I have not been able to find a workaround. 

New member | Level 2

same here. this is not good - i can't get my pics uploaded - they are a few tiffs in the 120 mb range. this has never been an issue until today.

Rat
Helpful | Level 6

Exactly the same behaviour here ... in both Windows 10 and OSX environments. Extremely troublesome.

Explorer | Level 4

Same here.

Dropboxer

Hey guys, thanks for the reports!

As I've been able to reproduce this on my end just now on Chrome {Version 73.0.3683.88 (Official Build) (64-bit)}, I'd urge you to log a ticket with our team so we can investigate further. 

Let me know the ticket IDs here so I can follow up with you internally please. 

I'm merely asking as I'd like to bring this under the attention of a higher level technician and your reports will be extemely valuable in getting this resolved as soon as possible. 

You can log a ticket with our team through the following page:

https://www.dropbox.com/support

Make sure to include which specific browser you noticed this on and if you've already done some basic troubleshooting (like clearing your browser's cache, incognito window and/or completely other browsers).

If any of you stumble upon an issue while doing so, do let me know here and I'll reach out from my end instead. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Rat
Helpful | Level 6
Attempts to log a ticket were unsuccessful as the dialogue requires a device to be selected and the software would not accept any attempt to enter any of the devices shown. Unhelpful.

Dropboxer

Thanks for pinging me on this one @Rat - I just sent you an email so we can look into it.

Take a look at your inbox (ticket with ID: 9103622) and we'll take it from there. 

On a side note to all affected users, our team is currently aware and we're already looking into this. 

I'll update the thread with specifics once I have more information to share. 

Thanks for your patience and cooperation too!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Dropboxer

Hey all,

Thank you for this report! As Walter mentioned, we've been able to reproduce the 'flickering' behaviour internally, and the engineering team responsible for the website uploader have been notified to investigate and resolve the issue. 

I've also checked our debug logs for the Dropbox users who have posted on this thread, and I don't see any issue with incomplete uploads. From what we can see this is only a visual issue with the upload progress bar, however if anyone is experiencing problems with the actual upload of files then please log a ticket with our support team for further investigation.

I'll update this post once I have an update on the flicker issue. 

Thanks!

Rat
Helpful | Level 6

This appears to have been fixed ... thank you very much

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Upload status box rapidly flickering
10 Replies
6 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Dropbox Design Research
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post