Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Videos aren't automatically uploading from my phone

Helpful | Level 5

Hi... since changing my phone, videos are not automatically syncing to my dropbox.. pictures are.. any ideas why? Searched community answers, suggestion to toggle video upload on under person icon in settings- I don't have person icon

4 Replies

Re: Automatix video syncing

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @Bmlcf, sorry to hear about this. 

What type of phone are you using? The 'person' icon would appear on iOS devices only, so most likely you're on an Android device.

Try tapping the three bars on the top left to view your options, tap Settings, and then Camera Uploads.

Let me know if 'Upload video' is enabled!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Helpful | Level 5
Thank you so much Jay.. had seen camera uploads was marked on, didn't think to click into it until i got your reply and you were right - video uploads was unticked! Will this automatically sync videos from previous 3 weeks?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Yes, it should, since the videos would be seen as 'new', since now they're allowed to upload.

Naturally, videos will take a little longer to upload when compared to images due to the file size, but assuming the WiFi connection is stable, it should complete successfully.

Keep me posted!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Helpful | Level 5
No, didn't upload automatically buy I was able to select in bulk and add to Dropbox so all sorted nowm thanks again for your help
Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Videos aren't automatically uploading from my phone
4 Replies
2 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post