cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing and Removing All Shared Links for a folder and it's files?

Viewing and Removing All Shared Links for a folder and it's files?

porthos
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

We have a folder that is shared with about 4 different people and it's possible that each one of those users has created 'share links' for various files or subfolders within in that folder.

I have two questions:

1)If another user Shares a link from a folder does only that user see the share link? Or does everyone who has access to that file/folder see the share link?  In other words, while I can view and delete any shared file links on a file/folder, how do I know that other share links don't exist in another users account?

2)If I want to be absolutely sure that all files/subfolders do not have any shared links, is there anyway that I can easily force reset/break all those links?  Perhaps if I completely unshare that folder with all it's files and subfolders?  Does that forcibly invalidate all share links from all users?  If not,  what other steps can I take to break all links?  Unshare and delete the folder and then re-upload and reshare, perhaps?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @porthos, I hope you're well today!

If a member of the folder creates a shared link, then only they would see the link within their "Shared" section, so you wouldn't be able to see if another member created a link.

If you want to break all shared links, you could indeed unshare the folder with these steps, and just reshare it again without needing to delete the folder altogether. This will break all previous links that were created.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @porthos, I hope you're well today!

If a member of the folder creates a shared link, then only they would see the link within their "Shared" section, so you wouldn't be able to see if another member created a link.

If you want to break all shared links, you could indeed unshare the folder with these steps, and just reshare it again without needing to delete the folder altogether. This will break all previous links that were created.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daphne Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?