Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Highlighted

We have too many folders. How can I distinguish which ones to delete etc.?

New member | Level 2

Hi,

I am have been asked to find a way to cleanup a dropbox which has about 9 main folders, some folders have several sub-folders and sub-sub folders and each folder then has several files.

Challenge is that this has evolved over the past 12 months..and by other users. I have just arrived on the scene and have been told to simplify it.

Q. How can I just delete files or folders Iam not familiar with or that some users may need access to?

Is there some method I can use?

Thanks

Ameen

1 Reply

Re: DROP BOX TOO MANY FOLDERS

Super User II

If there are others using the files, then you'll want to work with them on what can and cannot be deleted. If you just delete files or folders that you're not familiar with, you'll likely end up deleting something that the others users may need.

The only safe way to do this is to work with the other users and come up with a list of what can be deleted.

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

We have too many folders. How can I distinguish which ones to delete etc.?
1 Reply
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post