Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

We're getting an error message when trying to open certain files from the Dropbox folder, any ideas?

Helpful | Level 5

We are getting the following message when trying to open certain files using Finder on an iMacScreen Shot 2019-05-21 at 15.pngEdited by moderator

2 Replies

Re: Grant File Access

Dropboxer
Hey there @bec3,

Could you please ensure that your Office software is the most up to date version? Also, can you let me know what happens when you select the file and grant access to it? If you receive another error message, can you please send another screenshot of this.

Also, if you were to copy the file to your desktop and try to open the file from there, do you receive the same error message?

Let me know what you find - Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Re: Grant File Access

Helpful | Level 5

Hi Daphne,

Thanks for replying but the problem is now resolved.  We quit and restarting Dropbox and that seemed to fix the problem.

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

We're getting an error message when trying to open certain files from the Dropbox folder, any ideas?
2 Replies
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post