cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox ideas

Got an idea for Dropbox? We want to hear it. Our team will review the top voted ideas, so share them here!

Got an idea for Dropbox? We want to hear it. Our team will review the top voted ideas, so share them here!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find and Replace Function in Paper

Find and Replace Function in Paper

Pouria
New member | Level 2

I cannot seem to find a 'Find and Replace' function or shortcut in Dropbox Paper. Unless I am missing the shortcut or menu item, is this planned?

Latest Update
Walter
Dropbox Staff
This idea has been closed as it has reached the end of the Share an Idea process.

You can find out more about this feature here and get support or provide feedback in Help from the Community.

Thank you for your suggestion, and if you have another idea to share, please do! 

Status changed to: Closed
25 Comments
Napelazam
Helpful | Level 5

What about "Replace Word Function"?

I can't type Guillemet.

Authors who need quotation marks use Paper too.   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guillemet

And what about a dark mode?

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Hey @Napelazam, thanks for posting these ideas! Let’s take a look at one by one. 

Initially, although you can Ctrl + F to find a keyword on your Paper doc, there isn’t currently a way to "find and replace" a word or phrase like you would in, for example, an MS Word doc. However, I’d be more than happy to pass your comments along for future consideration. 

Furthermore, if you have the relevant keyboard/language setting that allows you to type in the Guillemet symbol ») on your computer, you should be able to do so on a Paper doc too. For example, I was able to add it by pressing Alt Gr + [ and Alt Gr + ]. However, if you cannot, you can also copy it from another doc and paste it onto your Paper doc as a workaround.

As for your last concern, if you’re referring to how you can enable dark mode for presentation purposes, you can do so by following the steps below:
  1. Access a Paper doc.
  2. Click on the play icon that is next to the ellipsis (…) on the top right corner of your screen.
  3. On the top right corner of your screen, select the black and white circle. 
If you’re referring to something specific concerning dark mode that I have not addressed, please let me know and I’ll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. 

Cheers! :nerd:
Napelazam
Helpful | Level 5

I have a german keyboard. It doesn't support chevrons.  -__-

CTRL+F is tedious.

I mean dark mode theme in general, not just for presentations.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

I understand that Ctrl + F may not be the ideal solution, but it’s something I’d recommend for now. Do note that I’ve made sure to pass your comments on this and your thoughts on dark mode to the dev team for future consideration!

Moving on to your question about Guillemets though, since you’re referring to a German keyboard, can you please try AltGr + Y and AltGr + X or AltGr + Z and AltGr + X (depending on the layout of your keyboard) and see if that does the trick? If that doesn’t work, can you try switching browsers, trying incognito and ensuring that you don’t have any browser extensions running? 

Let me know how it goes and if you have any other comments you’d like me to forward in the mean time, don’t hesitate to get back to me. Thanks! :slight_smile:
Napelazam
Helpful | Level 5

Nope. Doesn't work.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Hi @Napelazam, thanks for your swift response on this!

Hmm. :thinking: Could you please clarify if you’re unable to type Guillemets on your computer in any document in general, or is this specifically when editing a Paper doc? 

If you’re unable to add these symbols in general, it’d seem like this is specific to your device, as symbols supported by your computer should also be available in a Paper doc as well. 

If it’s specific to editing a Paper doc, I’d recommend moving this discussion to email as it’d require account-specific and sensitive info to continue troubleshooting. 

Let me know and I’ll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Cheers!
Napelazam
Helpful | Level 5
I mean that in General. 😄 Thanks though.
Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for the (very) fast response once again, @Napelazam!

I hope I was of some assistance to an extent and if you ever have any other questions or thoughts for us, don’t hesitate to give us a shout. In the mean time, have a wonderful day and weekend ahead! :grin:

P.S. I have moved your post to Share an idea section of the Forum so as to keep track of your feedback. Thanks again!
Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey there folks - I hope all's well at your end!

I wanted to follow up on this feature request to let you know that this is now live for all types of accounts.

I am attaching two screenshots here to show you how it looks like :nerd:

Search bar (you can enter this mode by control/command + F)Search bar (you can enter this mode by control/command + F)

Search optionsSearch options
Thanks again to all of you who submitted your feedback about this. I hope this is helpful to you all and keep the creative ideas coming!

Cheers :champagne::champagne::champagne: 
brahn
New member | Level 2
Thank you Walter!!
Vote for this idea

Like this idea? Vote for it and we will give it the attention it deserves!

16 votes received