Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

When viewing shared files the web page is freezing, any help?

New member | Level 2

I am having an issue with a shared file. The file has images in it, which are for viewing only, not editing. When the photo is clicked on and viewed, when you go to back out of the image, and get to the page with all the images, the screen freezes and you cannot scroll up or down to view the rest of the files in the folder. You can still click on the visible ones, but scrolling locks and it freezes. Any suggestions or known issues for this? Its very time sensitive that I figure this out, so any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated. The Dropbox team is off over the weekends and I need this resolved ASAP..

THANKS!

3 Replies

Re: Issues with folder and files freezing up when sharing

Super User II

I've not noticed similar.... have you tried an alternative browser? Cleared cookies/cache etc.?

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

New member | Level 2
Hi Mark,

This is something that's happening across multiple devices and platforms. It's happening on both cell phones and laptops, as well as different browsers.
And it's something that's continuing to happen as well. Just double checked it again this morning and when you go into the image file and then try to go back, the screen locks up and won't let it move up or down in the gallery page. I can view the works I can see on the frozen page, but it won't move around or let me scroll. I've tried changing the file types and sizes of the pixels. I'm just stumped what it could be other than an issue on the Dropbox side

Super User II

All I can suggest then is logging a ticket at www.dropbox.com/support and wait for somebody to pick it up. Once its logged you can track at http://dropbox.zendesk.com

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

When viewing shared files the web page is freezing, any help?
3 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post