Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Highlighted

Where do failed uploads go?

Explorer | Level 4

Hi,

Looking for some help on uploads of a large amount of photos/videos. I recently uploaded a whole bunch (~400) via the Dropbox app - mainly photos but also some videos - and some failed during the upload (probably due to breaks in connection). However, I want to re-upload all of those that failed so that none are lost and everything is in one place. In the app, how can I see which failed so that I can upload those again? So far, I just get a notification in my drop-down bar and once clicked, this disappears and I can no longer see the filename. 

Thanks!

Tags (1)
5 Replies

Re: Where do failed uploads go?

Dropboxer
Hey @tombeckitt, the upload should be resumed when you connect to a network again, however I’m interested in seeing what the error/ diagnostic message you received looks like on your end; please include a screenshot (without personal info) in your next message if possible. From there, have you estimated how many files haven’t been uploaded? Additionally, I’m wondering if you’re connected to a network right now, can you confirm that for me please? 

Once I have these details, I’ll try to focus on that a bit closer. Thanks in advance!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Explorer | Level 4

Hi Jane,

At a guess, around 10 files haven't been uploaded. I can confirm I'm connected to a network now and that most of the time it's fine, it's just dropouts whilst travelling and using 4G that I experience. I can't seem to attach the image but please see below a link to WeTransfer.

Link to screenshot

Thanks for your help.

Dropboxer
Thanks for circling back to me with this screenshot @tombeckitt

Now, from what I could see on the screenshot Tom, your “20190611_085350.mp4” wasn't uploaded & you’re getting the “Tap for details” message, which should provide you a bit more detail on why this has occurred. Is this the Notification that has disappeared by any chance? While it would be worth checking whether you can track down this specific video on your file structure (i.e. on your phone), I’m wondering if you’ve received a similar Note for the remaining files that you were unable to sync, please let me know in your next message if possible. If so, then maybe you could try locating these & re-upload them anew.

Please let me know how you get on with this additional step & we’ll take it from there. Thanks again! 

Jane

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Explorer | Level 4

All good now, thanks for your help. I tried a slightly different solution - reuploading all of the files, and letting Dropbox tell me that I'd be replacing lots, so chose not to and it reuploaded the original failures. 

All photos are now successfully on Dropbox, so thanks again. 

Cheers,

Tom

Dropboxer

Oh, thanks for sharing the news @tombeckitt; pleased to hear that you managed to resolve your concern on your end now! 🤓

Please feel free to poke us here should you have further inquiries or thoughts in the future Tom & it’ll be a pleasure to work with you again. Until then, happy syncing & I’m wishing you a lovely weekend ahead!

Jane

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Where do failed uploads go?
5 Replies
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Dropbox Design Research
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post