Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!

no

Highlighted

While trying to share, get popup that says "One or more names or email addresses entered are invalid

New member | Level 2

When I try and share a file, I get a popup that says "One or more names or email addresses you entered are not valid."

Have not had this problem before.

Tried sending to one person - worked fine

Tried sending to two people - got popup

Tags (2)
6 Replies

Re: While trying to share, get popup that says "One or more names or email addresses entered ar

Dropboxer
Hey there @John12758

Could you please clarify if you’re copy-pasting the email addresses individually or in bulk? Have you tried typing in the emails, instead?

When you typed in email A (for which you didn’t get the error) and then email B (which is when you got the pop-up message), did you then try sharing with only email B too?

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: While trying to share, get popup that says "One or more names or email addresses entered ar

New member | Level 2

Yes I did.  I tried A&B, which didn't work, A which worked, and B which worked.

New member | Level 2

Copy/pasting in bulk

Dropboxer
Thanks for getting back to me on this, @John12758

Since you’re copy-pasting the emails in bulk, could you ensure that there’s a separator after each email (for example, a semicolon)? 

For example, could you type in userA@e.mail; userB@e.mail; and then paste the email in like that?

Otherwise, could you try copying and pasting them separately? 

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

New member | Level 2

Great question.  Should have put in picture.  I tried with both commas and semicolons as separators (since that makes a difference is some email apps)

Dropboxer

Just to clarify, are you able to apply the emails now or are you still having trouble, @John12758

Lusil

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

While trying to share, get popup that says "One or more names or email addresses entered are invalid
6 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post