Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Why can't I add a Paper doc to my shared folder?

New member | Level 2

I wanted to create a Dropbox Paper document today, after I'd created a shared folder. I thought i could put a Paper "document" in a shared folder, but it didn't find the folder when i searched for it in the dialog box "Add to folder". That is very misleading.

Why is it so stupid? I've already shared one folder, can i really be true i need a separate shared folder if i wanna share a Dropbox paper document? That is stupid, makes it useless.

Tags (2)
1 Reply

Re: Share Dropbox paper

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey Emil

It sounds like you created a shared folder in Dropbox and also created a Paper doc, is that correct? Dropbox Paper and the core Dropbox product are not connected at this time. We don’t currently have plans to integrate Paper into the filesystem, but stay tuned for more.

To share a doc, all you need to do is send the doc URL or you can explicitly invite them following the instructions here:

https://www.dropbox.com/help/9171
Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Why can't I add a Paper doc to my shared folder?
1 Reply
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post