cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Why can't I upload more than 1 photo to Dropbox from an iPhone or iPad?

Why can't I upload more than 1 photo to Dropbox from an iPhone or iPad?

Angelique N.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Why can I only upload one photo at a time from my iPad or iPhone to Dropbox? As soon as I check more than one photo, the Dropbox icon disappears.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
As long as you have a new version of the app you can.

You tap the big + button, upload photos and then tap on the ones you want it to upload.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Jessica C.16
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I am having this trouble also!

ccd
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
im having this same issue , ive looked all over for answers looks like its time to find a new host for my storage needs

nombrano
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Ever figure this out? I'm currently having he same problem.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
As long as you have a new version of the app you can.

You tap the big + button, upload photos and then tap on the ones you want it to upload.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Petr_Šejdl
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

What if I have more than 5000 photos in different albums that I’d like to upload? Sure as hell I won’t tap on individual photos...

Why couldn’t Dropbox just let the iOS photo system handle the uploading, because there it is possible to ”Select All” in an album.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there Petr_Šejdl, thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on our Community! 

Please keep in mind that if you’re using the (+) Create button, you should have the option to choose the album you’re uploading from. Instead of seeing all your Camera Roll, you can Tap once on Tap here to change on the top of your screen & Select a different Album to upload from: 

ChangeImportAlbumiOS.jpg

I hope that this is helpful to you Petr & I’m always here in case you’d like more uploading tips & tricks. Happy Friday!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Jane

Selecting a different album removes the Select All option and you're back to selecting one image at a time.

Also, the Select All option is only available for photos taken on a given day. In other words, Select All appears for each group of photos separated by date, and you still have to tap Select All for each group of photos that you want to upload. It's not a true Select All option.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @Rich, very interesting feedback!

While you can’t Select All for all your photos, I suggested that as an alternative within our app, that would improve importing (i.e. instead of Saving to Dropbox from Photos). 

I will keep your comments for future reference though (as I now understand that this option may not be ideal to all) & I appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts with me on how this would best work for you. 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

SamCW
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Hi,

The ability to upload multiple media images/videos via Dropbox is clear. This however, creates major inconvenience when there’s a need to keep going through the images from the last uploaded batch. In other words, as one of the other users mentioned, we should be able to control the uploads from the photo album of the device by selecting multiple images/videos > Select to upload into Dropbox (when currently the app icon disappears when more than one image is selected) > Dropbox should launch to provide the option to go to the desired folder and create folders for the batch being uploaded. When done, the app should close and we are now back to the last image that was selected for the upload via the photo album.
Need more support?