Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Why did selective sync behavior change?

New member | Level 2

Hi!

I always used Dropbox to sync web development projects (along with github - specially to work on places I can't get git running), and, as I don't have a .gitignore-like option for Dropbox, I use selective sync to keep Dropbox from syncing folders like cache, vendor, and node_modules.

I follow the instructions I saw on a guide: copy these folders somewhere else, turn them off on selective sync settings, and move them back to dropbox. This way, they are ignored.

Then, suddenly yesterday morning Dropbox synced ALL the files I had ignored the way above, that is more than 100k files, and I just can't make it work again.

Did it get updated and changed its behavior? What can I do to make it work again?

Edit: I'm using the Dropbox software on Windows 10.

4 Replies

Re: Why did selective sync behavior change?

Super User II

It seems to still work for me. I just removed a folder using Selective Sync, let Dropbox remove it, then placed it back in Dropbox, and it's marked as a folder that won't sync.

966614c9dae2641832a52f802f4b4ab8.png

New member | Level 2

What is your dropbox version? Mine is 68.3.92.

Super User II

The same version you're running.

Dropboxer
Hey there (@gbdematos), let me dig a bit deeper & have a closer look on your current setup through our Official Support channel. So as to look into the matter having all our tools available, I’ve made sure to reach out to you directly via email. 

Whenever you find some time, please check your inbox for my email & I’ll make sure to promptly get back in touch with you asap. Thanks in advance!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Why did selective sync behavior change?
4 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post