Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

Re: aspect ratio

Dropboxer
Hey again @soc7video57, thanks for following up and sorry to hear that you’re still having this problem. 

I’ve just reached out to you at the email address connected to your Community account to further investigate this, so when you get the chance, please check your inbox. 

Thank you in advance!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

I'm here because its happening to me as well. I did a google search and found this thread. Its a real problem. I am on a PC using chrome. 

New member | Level 2

I'm also experiencing this issue. It's incredibly frustrating as I have to share videos with potential clients and I need them to view in the proper native aspect ratio rather than the compressed rubbish that it has automatically been converted to. A solution would be great, thanks Dropbox.

New member | Level 2

Interestingly it seems to be something to do with Chrome since it works fine with Microsoft Edge. But I don't want to have to change browsers just to resolve the issue. Any ideas?

Explorer | Level 3

I mentioned this before but may be worth mentioning again - through the Dropbox link, the videos play fine on Safari and Firefox, but the compression is on Chrome or Opera.  What I also observed is, before clicking on the play arrow, the image looks fine on Chrome and Opera.  It's after hitting the play button that the compression starts.

Dropboxer
Hey there @menace2005 and @EddyT

Initially, wherever you experience this behavior, please ensure that: 
  • The particular browser you’re using is up to date. 
  • You’ve tried an incognito/private browser mode. 
  • You’ve cleared the browser’s cache. 
  • There are no third party plugins  or browser extensions running, since they could hinder some processes. 
Once you do and you’re still having the same issue, please contact our Support team via email so that you can have a more in-depth look on the matter. 

If you have any trouble along the way though, don’t hesitate to give me a nudge. Let me know how it goes!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Why is the aspect ratio on my files is different now?
15 Replies
0 Likes