Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!

no

Why the thumbnails of my photos are blurry unless clicking them to see them full size?

New member | Level 2

Why my photos show in the thumbnail as blurry, until I click it to make it full size. 

7 Replies

Re: Why the thumbnails of my photos are blurry unless clicking them to see them full size?

Dropboxer

Hello @visualliu - welcome to our Community!

I'm sorry to hear about the previewing issue you're experiencing and I'd like to help.

At first, could you clarify the OS of your device and send me a screenshot of how this looks like on your end so I can have a clearer picture of the matter at hand?

Thanks in advance!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: Why the thumbnails of my photos are blurry unless clicking them to see them full size?

New member | Level 2

Hi Walter ,

I have attached the screen shot and its Apple iPhone OS. 

Thanks

Apple iPhone OS. 

Dropboxer

Thanks for the screenshot @visualliu. Could you forward me one depicting the blurry thumbnails too as I don't see anything off in the one you included? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

The first one is blurry thumbnails and here is the full resolution one .

Super User II

@visualliu wrote:

Why my photos show in the thumbnail as blurry, until I click it to make it full size. 

It's a thumnail, not a high-resolution image. It's meant as a preview of the original. Also, If your first image is meant to show something blurry, I'm not seeing it. While the first image is a lower quality due to being a reduced size, neither of them appear to be blurry.

New member | Level 2

So whats the best dropbox image size , maybe i can resize it  myself before transfer to dropbox to avoid being reduced by dropbox .

Super User II

Any file that you preview will be reduced by Dropbox, because it's only meant to be a lower quality preview of the original image. When you view the original, it will remain unchanged.

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Why the thumbnails of my photos are blurry unless clicking them to see them full size?
7 Replies
1 Like
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post