Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Windows XP will not update, (old desktop). I need to move my photos to newer LapTop; Windows 10

Explorer | Level 4

My old PC is running on Windows XP.  It is not compatible for an upgrade, even to Windows 7.  I really need to move a few photos to my newer laptop running on Windows 10.  Can Any One Help?

Tags (1)
4 Replies

Re: Windows XP will not update, (old desktop). I need to move my photos to newer LapTop; Windows 10

Advanced Collaborator | Level 16

Hi @EyeGirl,

I'm not sure what exactly You ask for, but if Your photos are already in the dropbox account, then they will be accessible on the new laptop imediately after You install the application and connect or You can just use web access without installing anything.

If the photos aren't in Your Dropbox still, then is there any reason you can't transfer all needed files through out directory share (if devices are on same LAN) or using flash stick, for example?

Highlighted

Re: Windows XP will not update, (old desktop). I need to move my photos to newer LapTop; Windows 10

Super User II

Windows XP is no longer supported by Dropbox. If you have files that you want to transfer into your Dropbox account so they can be accessed on other systems, you'll need to use the Dropbox website to upload them, as Здравко referenced.

Explorer | Level 4
Thanks. Sadly, the photos are not already in Drop Box. I have tried emailing them to myself, copying to disc and using a flash drive. Can't get anything to work and yes the email is still functioning. FYI: I have Drop Box on both my phone (Android) and my laptop (Windows 10). They interchange perfectly.

Super User II

@EyeGirl wrote:
I have Drop Box on both my phone (Android) and my laptop (Windows 10). They interchange perfectly.

Then you should be able to open a web browser on your XP computer and sign-in to the Dropbox website, then upload the files to your Dropbox account. Once you do that, they should be available on both your Android and laptop.

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Windows XP will not update, (old desktop). I need to move my photos to newer LapTop; Windows 10
4 Replies
2 Likes
Solved! : See solution