Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!

yes

Highlighted

double upload photo from I phone

New member | Level 2

hi

I always use "camera upload " to save my photo from iPhone to the computer,

but, somehow, I find recently the uploaded file always have 2 "almost the same" file, the original and filtered one. I didn't happen in the past, can anyone tell me how to solve this problem?

Tags (1)
3 Replies

Re: double upload photo from I phone

Dropboxer
Hey there @chijenwang

From what I understand, you’re seeing both the original photo and the filtered/edited one added to your Dropbox account, is that right?

In general, to avoid duplicates, the camera uploads feature checks if a photo or video was previously uploaded and, if it’s been added to your Dropbox, it doesn’t upload it again, even if you delete it from your account.

As such, if you apply an edit or filter to a photo:
  • At the same time as when the original is added to your camera roll folder, both the original and the altered version will be added to Camera Uploads folder automatically. 
  • After the original has been uploaded to your Dropbox account, the altered photo won’t be automatically added and you will need to upload it manually.
I hope this helped to some extent! Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

Is there any way to stop this double upload? My iPhone uploads started doing this too. There seems to be the original picture, and a picture that the iPhone "touches up" without my control. So I'm getting two copies of everything on Dropbox.

Dropboxer
Hey @cttvnerd

Currently, there’s no option within the Dropbox mobile app to disable the double upload of both the original and the altered photo. 

However, as mentioned previously, if you make the alterations to the photo after the original is added to the Camera Uploads folder, then the second/edited version of it won’t be uploaded.

I hope this helps!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

double upload photo from I phone
3 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post