cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: downloading photos from dropbox

downloading photos from dropbox

kcerda
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I noticed that when you select ONE photo it allows you to "save as" but is there a feature where you can select all photos at one time? I want all my photos on my computer but I can't figure out how to sync dropbox to download to my computer OR how to select all photos so i can "save as" all of them. If not I will be sitting here checking off over 2000 photos. that will take all day.... please let me know if there is an easier way

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

PR6
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I think I figured it out. Pretty simple. Just click (off of a picture) and then drag your curser. It starts selecting all of the pictures. Then select "Direct Download" 

Go to the Finder on your MAC and you'll see that the file did download but it may be a .zip --Just double click and it will transform into a folder. Then you can drag it into your iPhoto and it works like a champ. Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @kcerda, you should be able to download the contents of an entire Dropbox folder via dropbox.com, as long as it’s less than 20 GB in total size & it contains less than 10,000 total files. From there, if your photos reside in different folders, then you could easily mutli-select :ballot_box_with_check: & download them using our website in smaller batches. 

On the other hand, if you’re using the Dropbox desktop application, then kindly bear in mind that your photos are already stored locally (that’s because your Dropbox folder works just like any other folder on your hard drive- even if you are offline- though it’s enhanced with syncing properties). 

Hopefully my message brings a bit of clarity; please do let me know my suggestion works for you or in case you need further assistance in any way. Happy Friday & thanks for checking in on the Community!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

PR6
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

If the Dropbox Folder stores photos locally, then how do we move more than one at a times into iPhoto? Should be eaasy but it is not intuitively obvious. At least not to me....

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

You would simply go to the folder on your computer and drag/drop in to iPhoto (as you would from any other folder), or, do file -> Open in iphoto and open them that way, again, as you would any other.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

kcerda
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
If you are saying there 8s a drop box folder on my computer like I have a "document" or "download" folder then i do not see a dropbox folder on my computer
Yes I have the app and yes I know how to access my dropbox from the web browser also. Both the app and the browser does not blatantly say select all photos nor does it allow to download entire folders from dropbox to my computer....I'm still lost

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

If you havent installed Dropbox then you cant do what I said above, thats based on you installing Dropbox (as its designed to do) so that you can simply work on the files/folders inside of the Dropbox directory.

What you'll need to do now then is go to www.dropbox.com/home, go to the directory you want and if you want EVERYTHING in it downloading click the tick box to the left of the folder name and then 'download' in the new menu on the right. 

If you do NOT want everything you will need to go in to the directory, choose the files you want via those tick boxes and then download. 

Both of these options will generate a zip file of your documents. You will then need to let that download before opening it on your computing. 

If you need files from multiple directories you will need to do the above per directory.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

PR6
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I think I figured it out. Pretty simple. Just click (off of a picture) and then drag your curser. It starts selecting all of the pictures. Then select "Direct Download" 

Go to the Finder on your MAC and you'll see that the file did download but it may be a .zip --Just double click and it will transform into a folder. Then you can drag it into your iPhoto and it works like a champ. Hope that helps!

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Glad to hear that you managed to get going with that on your end @PR6 & thanks for circling back here with this update! I’ve gone ahead & marked your last comment as the Best Answer, as it may be useful to other users reaching this conversation in the future with the same question.

Please feel free to ping us back on our Community in case you have any further inquiries & it’ll be a pleasure to work with you again. Happy Dropboxing ahead & take care in the meantime! 

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Need more support?