cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dropbox couldn't find any new photos or videos on iphone

dropbox couldn't find any new photos or videos on iphone

NoaMB
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have Dropbox installed on my computer, and when I plug in my phone I get the message, "dropbox couldn't find any new photos or videos on iphone" when in fact there are lots of new images and videos for Dropbox to add to my Camera Upload folder.

The problem started about two months ago and was on and off, but for the past two weeks it appears all the time and nothing is imported from my Iphone.

I'm using macbook pro Sierra, Iphone 6 and DB with 1TB of space - all updated to their latest version.

Please help!

Noa.

39 Replies 39

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
OK, @Daniel N.14. If you notice this occurring again, by all means let me know, or go ahead and submit a support ticket so our team can investigate further. 

Cheers!

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

LauraBV
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you! That worked for me!

gurrier
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank-you! That was the piece I was missing from the accepted answer: the phone should stay connected.

kbrown6729
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

These steps just now did not work for me.  In DB Settings now it has the option to Change AutoPlay Settings; there isn't a checkbox Enable Camera Uploads directly anymore.  Still stuck!!!!!

DelivRyman
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This "solution" did NOT work for me; I kept getting the same false pop-up notification.  :'(

bernardosw
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Had the same issue - over 3000 files in the Camera Uploads folder.

Moved the files, disable photo upload, and then re-enabled.

Everything working again.

MSchafer
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

It's August 2020 and I'm still having this issue. I've tried everything that everyone has previously mentioned. I contacted tech support and their solution was to tell me to delete and reinstall. Nothing. To summarize, I have:

- made sure both computer software and phone software are up to date

- restarted my computer,  restarted my phone

- uninstalled and reinstalled the software

- unlinked and relinked the account 

- paused and resumed synching

- unchecked then rechecked the import options in "preferences" 

And I have done all these thing multiple times, in a combination of different orders. NOTHING.

So frustrating. As Daniel said, if we subscribe to Dropbox in order to have an intelligent, reliable way to transfer and back up photos, the software becomes superfluous if it cannot fulfill this function. 

Did anyone else solve this issue after exhausting all the other recmomendations? 

DelivRyman
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Short of going to university to become a computer expert and be able to figure out Dropbox's software, you might want to upgrade to a paid subscription--my problems mysteriously began to go away after I went this route.

MSchafer
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

But I do have a paid subscription. I'm so baffled. I've been corresponding with Dropbox support for three weeks now with no solution. Sometimes it does start importing photos, but then it's only about a tenth of what needs to be downloaded. What's downloaded is arbitrary. Has anyone else had this issue? 

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I'm sorry to hear about that @MSchafer!

Would you mind sharing your ticket number (eg. #1234567) for your Support case with me so that I can check on this from my side? Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daphne Dropbox Staff
    MSchafer New member | Level 2
    DelivRyman New member | Level 2
    bernardosw New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?