Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

dropbox no longer accessible on my iPhone x

Explorer | Level 4

Previously dropbox files were synced between my Imac Version 10.12.6 and my Iphone X and I could view them on both devices. I can no longer open Dropbox on my Iphone X to view my files. The current version of my IPhone X is 12.2. What is the problem?

Tags (2)
3 Replies

Re: dropbox no longer accessible on my iPhone x

Dropboxer

Hey there Craig - sorry to hear that!

I'm sorry to ask here but what seems to be the issue exactly? Do you tap on our mobile app's icon it's not responsive? Have you rebooted your iPhone at all lately? Does the issue persist on another network or on cellular data? 

Can you uninstall and re-install our latest mobile app's version perhaps? 

If you could also share a screenshot of the last screen you can access if the app is crashing, that'd be great. 

If your inquiry is about the desktop app on your Mac computer, could we start by getting its exact status? To do this, please take a look at the Dropbox icon in your menu bar and see if it is done syncing. When Dropbox is fully synced then you should see a tick followed by the words “Up to date” on the menu. If you do not see this then can you please let me know what the message being displayed reads?

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Explorer | Level 4

Hi Walter

Thanks for your reply. If I uninstall and reinstall the mobile app, will the photos I currently have in Dropbox on my computer be lost?

Will the photos that are in Dropbox on my computer reinstall on my phone?

Thank you

Craig

@Walter wrote:

Hey there Craig - sorry to hear that!

I'm sorry to ask here but what seems to be the issue exactly? Do you tap on our mobile app's icon it's not responsive? Have you rebooted your iPhone at all lately? Does the issue persist on another network or on cellular data? 

Can you uninstall and re-install our latest mobile app's version perhaps? 

If you could also share a screenshot of the last screen you can access if the app is crashing, that'd be great. 

If your inquiry is about the desktop app on your Mac computer, could we start by getting its exact status? To do this, please take a look at the Dropbox icon in your menu bar and see if it is done syncing. When Dropbox is fully synced then you should see a tick followed by the words “Up to date” on the menu. If you do not see this then can you please let me know what the message being displayed reads?

Thanks!

Dropboxer

Of course they will be there Craig - assuming that they made it to our servers in the first place that is. You can verify this by checking your account online at https://www.dropbox.com/ or even your Events page as this is the place where all adds, edit and deletes are normally logged.

Let me know how it goes!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

dropbox no longer accessible on my iPhone x
3 Replies
1 Like
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post