Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

Highlighted

files/folders missing

New member | Level 2

I just discovered that hundreds of my files and dozens of folders are missing. Earlier today I noticed a notification saying that "I had successfully deted xxx file" which I did not!!!

Whole folders are missing with millions of dollars worth od data!!!!

They don't even appear in the deleted files section of Dropbox. I also checked both the local folder and web and both are synchronized with the files missing.

I want my data back!!!

Shockingly, I also got an email today from Dropbox saying that "Hi Aaron, Dropbox Professional just got an upgrade. You’ve got more space and new premium features."

What has happened???

5 Replies

Re: files/folders missing

Dropboxer
Hey there @Aaron R.22,

Since you’ve already checked your Deleted Files page, can you check your Events page to see if you can see this deletion event from here?

Also, regarding your subscription, there was a recent upgrade made to Dropbox Plus and Professional subscriptions which you can read about in more details here. New features have been added to this subscription with no change to your current billing (as mentioned in the article).

Let me know what you find - Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Explorer | Level 3

Hallo,

Ook ik ben allerlei bestanden kwijt. Dropbox is vanuit het niets gaan synchroniseren (een week geleden) waardoor al mijn documenten ineens op dropbox stonden. Door deze binnen dropbox te verwijderen, was ik op mijn computer ook ineens alles kwijt. Nu een week later, nog steeds vele ontbrekende bestanden. Dit ondanks de helpdesk en allerlei pogingen van mijn kant. Opvallend is dat de losse documenten terug zijn, echter alles wat in mapjes zat niet. De mapjes zijn terug maar allen leeg helaas. Kent iemand dit probleem en kan iemand mij adviseren.....? 

Dropboxer
Hallo daar @marion3,

Kunt u voor mij bevestigen of u zowel de pagina Verwijderde bestanden als de pagina Gebeurtenissen al hebt gecontroleerd om te zien of u de verwijderingsgebeurtenissen kunt vinden?

Als u online naar de lege mappen in uw Dropbox-account navigeert, klikt u op de optie 'Verwijderde bestanden tonen' aan de rechterkant van de webpagina. Bestanden die u als verwijderd ziet, kunt u selecteren en herstellen.

Zou ik het anders erg vinden als ik contact opneem met het e-mailadres dat is gekoppeld aan uw Community-profiel om nader onderzoek te doen?

Laat me weten wat je vindt - bedankt!

PS. Excuses voor vertaalfouten als we een online vertaalhulpmiddel gebruiken. Hier is de Engelse versie hieronder.
-----
Hey there @marion3,

Can you confirm for me if you have already checked both the Deleted Files page and Events page to see if you can locate the deletion events? 

If you navigate to the empty folders in your Dropbox account online, please click the “Show deleted files” option from the right of the web page, any files you see as deleted you can select and restore them.

Otherwise, would you mind if I reach out to the email address associated with your Community profile to do some more specific investigation?

Let me know what you find - Thanks!

Daphne

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Explorer | Level 3

Hello @Daphne,

Yes I can confirm that I have checked the deleted files page and events page. I can find the deletion events in there. 

The deleted files page does not show any deleted files anymore. I have tried to restore the deleted files, but this does not work with all files. Some of them are restored, but the ones in folders don't come back. Only empty folders return. Whenever I click on the restore button, it is telling me that it is restoring, but the restore button doesn't disappear and the folders stay empty. 

I have contact with someone from Dropbox since a week but there seems to be a little bit of miscommunication, I have send him the deletion events and today I also send him the names of the empty folders. I concerns 69 folders with some additional sub folders. 

All normal files in the Documents folder which are not in other folders are restored perfectly fine. 

I don't mind if you reach out to my e-mail related to this Community profile. 

Thank you for helping me!

Marion3

Dropboxer
Thanks for that clarification there @marion3!

Since you already have an open communication with our team, I’ve made sure to pass along your comments here to the agent handling your case. They will be able to better assist as they have access to the tools available through our Support channel and can discuss more account specific info.

Sorry that I can’t be of much more help here on the Community! I hope you have a great day ahead - Thanks!

Daphne

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

files/folders missing
5 Replies
0 Likes
Dropbox Design Research
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post