cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting the URL of an image for an HTML email

getting the URL of an image for an HTML email

cjchristensen8
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I uploaded an image for use in an HTML email, then shared it and copied the link.  After putting the link in my email, and testing the email, the image will not show up.  It is just a broken link.  I have not put it in a shared folder because I did not want users who get the email to be able to access the folder and its contents, but the file itself is shared.  Am I using the wrong link?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

You need to alter the end of the share link by changing ?dl=0 to ?raw=1.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @cjchristensen8 - sorry to hear that!

Could you tell me how exactly are you generating this shared link in the first place? Also, is the image available on your Dropbox account? If not, restoring it via your deleted files page should restore the functionality of your shared link(s) as well.

In any case, please keep me posted on your findings and we'll take it from there. Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

cjchristensen8
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Walter - i am just using the standard "share" button next to the image, and also next to the folders.  I am not putting the link to the folders in the HTML, just the link to the image.  The image is visible in my dropbox account (it has not been deleted).

Thanks!

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Great, thanks for the additional information @cjchristensen8 - much appreciated. 

Could you let me know if you notice the same behavior on another browser and if so, provide me a screenshot of the problem so I can have a visual as well?

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

You need to alter the end of the share link by changing ?dl=0 to ?raw=1.

Takfloyd
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you for this comment. Dropbox must immediately stop anti-user design such as obfuscating the option to link directly to images hosted on it, or I will go to a different file host. When linking my artwork to clients, I NEVER want them to see a poorly rescaled version of my image inside a Dropbox framework. The Dropbox team must understand this and make an easy-to-use direct image link option.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Takfloyd New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
    Walter Dropbox Staff
    cjchristensen8 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?