cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPadOS Version Quality

Get rid of preview pane in iPad app!

Ian_A6
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

New iOS version today says I can now get rid of the Preview pane but HOW? Waited so long for this and now I can't work out how to do it!!

87 Replies 87

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello @LyndaL. Welcome to our Community. Hope this comment finds you starting a nice week! :coffee: :slight_smile:

Please let me know how you use to expand the file lists column before and what version  of Dropbox you are running there at the time. 

A screenshot showing the interface as you see it now, would be helpful for me to understand if things look normal on your end. 

Thank you! 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Gerb41
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Same problem here, sorry to say.   Using An iPad, 6th generation, and Dropbox Basic, vers 162.2.6.   Problem of the dissapearing "X" started last week after installing ipadOS ver 13.1.2 . 

Shut down and rebooted 3 or 4 times--no help.  Screen orientation doesn't matter.

Available space is 109.91 GB with 17.6 GB used (cant imagine that is a problem). 

I use my iPad and Dropbox exclusively in connection with a singing/ukulele-strumming group that does charity gigs at nursing homes, hospitals, etc.   Our season is coming up!    Hope this gets fixed soon.  Thanks. 

Gerb41

Did2
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have the same issue. The left column does not expand and it's really unpractical  to view long file names. 

JohnTheGeek
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

The mobile app has been falling behind in usability for a while now, but a recent update completely removed the ability to close the primary image view and make the thumbnail view full screen on my iPad.  Now I'm limited to only 3 thumbnails per row which makes browsing in thumbnail view so much worse than before.  I *much* preferred to be able to close that primary view and let the thumbnails fill the entire screen until I needed to view one of those images.

Please spend some time improving the iPad app.  I've reluctantly stayed with Dropbox through the years and I'd love to promote you more, but you can't keep taking away things we used and expect any positive result from it.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @JohnTheGeek

Welcome to the Dropbox Community!

Initially,  could you please clarify if you don't see the option to preview your files as a list instead of a gallery, which is like the grid-like template that you see as you describe?

The option should be visible on the right-hand side of your screen.  

Let me know what you find!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

JohnTheGeek
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
You misunderstand. I can see them in icon view. Icon view *used* to fill the entire screen. But now only fills the left column even if there is no content to display in the much larger right column.

A month ago that was not the case, and I could close the right column to expand the left column to full screen.

This has nothing to do with icon vs list view in the left column.

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I understand it is the same behaviour described here. Moved your thread under this discussion @Did2

Thank you for reporting. 

Fiona
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Ah, I see! Thanks for clarifying that for me, @JohnTheGeek

When you preview a file, are you able to click on the X mark that should be on the top left corner of the preview? 

Let me know of any updates!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

JohnTheGeek
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
That X disappeared in a recent update. That’s my whole frustration.

m-go
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I feell ya, same here. Wasted space. Often I need to see the whole filename. Now many of the filenames are truncated. Would be important they bring it back.

Need more support?