Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

iPhone images to Dropbox will not connect or allow uploads

Explorer | Level 4

Hi fellow Dropbox users...

I have an iPhone 7 - attemnopting to upload camera images to Dropbox and it will not connect properly to my WINDOWS 10 machine which IS running the latest versions.  Dropbox is installed and runnning on both Phone and PC here. I am signed in.

Any time I try to connect using the 9 "Diamond QR codes" - I point the camera at them, and it immediately tells me to INSTALL DROPBOX.exe which is a waste of time, and a dead end going in circles here. Repeats every time.

Dropbox is fully installed, RUNNING and I am signed in on the PC and the phone.

I could grumble, but you can imagine what I am going through here!

No solutions or discussions found on Google or here. Sigh.

Can anyone bail me out here?

Thanks!

5 Replies

Re: * iPhone images to Dropbox will not connect or allow uploads *

Dropboxer
Hey there @AF4K,

So I believe at the moment you are going within the Account tab in the mobile app and choosing the option to “Connect a computer”, is that right?

This method would be to help you set up the desktop app on your computer rather than link it for camera uploads. To enable Camera Uploads via the desktop app, you will need to physically connect your mobile device to the computer with a USB cable. After doing this, the desktop app will prompt you to enable camera uploads for this device.

The desktop Camera Uploads will upload photos from your mobile’s camera roll directly into your desktop Dropbox folder. 

Alternatively, you can simply enable Camera Uploads on your mobile device so that your photos are uploaded to your Dropbox account through the mobile app, and this will sync down to your computer.

For more detailed steps on both methods mentioned above, I’d recommend checking out this Help Center article here.

Let me know if you have any other questions - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Explorer | Level 4
Thanks Daphne! So I need a cable for iPhone 7 lightning connector to USB? Is there such a thing??

Super User II

@AF4K wrote:
So I need a cable for iPhone 7 lightning connector to USB? Is there such a thing??

Yes, there is such a thing, and every iPhone includes one. However, you don't need one unless you want to physically connect your phone to the computer to import your photos.

Instead, you can simply enable the automatic Camera Uploads feature within the Dropbox app on your phone, which Daphne linked to above, and it will automatically upload photos from your Camera Roll to your Dropbox account. If you have Dropbox installed on your computer, those files would then sync back down to your computer automatically.

Explorer | Level 4
News to me about a lightning to USB cable. Apple to PC transfers are extremely difficult for a $900 professional toy!

Super User II

Photo and video transfers from an iPhone/iPad to a PC are incredibly easy, using either the Camera Uploads feature in the Dropbox app, or by plugging the phone directly into the computer with the cable that they come with.

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

iPhone images to Dropbox will not connect or allow uploads
5 Replies
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post