Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

image files visible in preview but not after I download them to my PC

New member | Level 2

A client sent me 100 image files (tiff and jpg). I could preview them all on dropbox, but after I downloaded them to my Windows 10 PC, many of them were not viewable and would not open in Photoshop or the Windows photo app. I tried downloading them as a batch (zip file) and as individual files with the same result. Has anyone else experienced this and can you please point me to a solution? Thanks.

Tags (1)
2 Replies

Re: image files visible in preview but not after I download them to my PC

Super User II

Sounds like you dont have an appropriate application/viewer on your computer.

Have you tried installing something like GIMP?

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Re: image files visible in preview but not after I download them to my PC

New member | Level 2

Thanks, but I am already running Photoshop and I have several other image editors and viewers available (including GIMP). The files in question will not open on any software I have. It is just certain files from a large batch of files I received via file request. Most of the files are fine but others are not. I can preview them all in Dropbox, but some of them don't work after download to my PC. 

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

image files visible in preview but not after I download them to my PC
2 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post