cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: import a document from word to paper

import a document from word to paper

royd1000
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello,

I think I had this usefull feature before and i can't find it now.

How do I import a word document to paper ?

Thanks

13 Replies 13

peytonstafford
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Yes, it does. Screen Shot 2019-11-06 at 11.43.18 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-11-06 at 11.43.18 AM.png

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Great @peytonstafford; we’re almost there! 

Let me trace our discussion back to the starting point, in order to ensure we’ve covered everything. 

It does not open the document in Paper for collaborative editing

Once you Insert you .docx file within Paper, this will automatically be uploaded to Dropbox & once you click on the preview, you’ll be given the option to “View on Dropbox”. :right_arrow: Once you click there, you’ll see the Open button that will let you edit a live version of the file.  

I copied and pasted in a resume, and the formatting is all off. 
When you copy & paste the contents of a .docx file in a Paper doc however, some formatting may have to be adjusted as you're switching platforms. In order to help you expedite matters, can I have you check the Paper shortcuts on the bottom-right hand corner? You should see them next to the "?" button.  

Please let me know if you’d like me to explain any of the above in more detail. Thanks again for your ongoing cooperation! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

jewl
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Not the previous poster, but I have the same question.

When I insert the file in the paper document and then select the "Open" button I have other options but not paper:

open.jpg

Also I do have a "keyboard shortcuts" icon next to the ? icon in the bottom right corner of the paper document.

I would love to use paper instead of word, but this is the one thing I'd want to be able to do - if paper could import and export a docx as easily as with google docs (maintain formatting, headings), I'd go with paper no question. Otherwise I'll stick with the current system.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @jewl, thanks for joining the discussion here! 

Rephrasing from my previous message, you may have to fine-tune formatting along the way as you import your docs to Paper, however I understand that you'd like to automate that as much as possible.

While we’ve explored how to use all features currently available, it looks like editing existing docs in Paper is important to you, so I’d encourage you to post your thoughts on the Paper Ideas section. Other Community members could be aligned & upvote your post there to show their support. 

Please let me know if you need further assistance from me in any way & I’ll follow-up soon.

Thanks again! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Need more support?