Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

integrating Dropbox and Dropbox Paper

Explorer | Level 4

our organization is attemting to better organize our documents and files through our shared dropbox folder (and subfolders) and through Dropbox Paper. These documents consist of a variety of formats from PDF's, word documents, graphics, and Dropbox Paper documents which are currently unconnected from the shared dropbox folder. Is there a best practices that people can suggest to integrate the two seemingly seperate file structures? Is there a way to link or create an alliase in Dropbox to a dropbox paper document?

Tags (2)
2 Replies

Re: integrating Dropbox and Dropbox Paper

Super User II

Hi @Bob R.4

At present, no, they are two totally separate systems. Fingers crossed this does change in the future though!

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

Re: integrating Dropbox and Dropbox Paper

Explorer | Level 4
I tried a little experiment and created a workaround to integrate Dropbox Paper Docs and Dropbox; an experiment. 
I opened a Dropbox Paper Doc and copied the share link. 
I then created a text file on my desktop and pasted the link into the text file. 
I saved the text file as a PDF and placed it in a Dropbox folder. 
When I open the PDF on my desktop and click the link it takes me right to the Paper document online, HOWEVER if I open the PDF in dropbox in my browser and click on the link I get a 404 error. 
I think I am onto something here in my efforts to link Dropbox paper and dropbox. 
But I'd love to know why the link will work from the PDF opened on my desktop but not when it's opened in Dropbox online.
If I cut and paste the link in the browser it works fine.
Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

integrating Dropbox and Dropbox Paper
2 Replies
1 Like