Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

not seeing Dropbox in file explorer (Win 10)`

Level 3

I am setting up a new laptop (HP Pavillion). I can't get Dropbox to show up in my File Explorer (Win 10) like it does on my other devices computers. Do I need to upgrade to Pro? I don't mind doing that if it will resolve the problem but I don't want to pay then find out it still doesn't work,

3 Replies

Re: not seeing Dropbox in file explorer (Win 10)`

Dropboxer
Hey there @Patton001,

To have the Dropbox folder show in your file explorer you will need to have the desktop app installed on your computer and is available on all plans, free or paid.

So, my first question is if you have downloaded the desktop app, and if so was this from our website directly or from the Microsoft app store (you’re device would be in Windows 10 S mode for this version)?

Then, can you let me know if you see the Dropbox icon in your system tray? If so, when you click this can you let me know the current sync status of the app and the version you have installed.

Let me know what you find - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Highlighted

Level 3

Apparently I needed to upgrade my service. I guess I can only have 3 devices and I didn't have time to figure out how to drop my previous laptop from my account. Oh well, $120 and now I can swim in my storage space I have so much

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to us here with your update! As you mentioned, indeed the Dropbox Basic free plan does have a limit of connecting 3 devices to the Dropbox account. 

If you have any other questions I’d be happy to help, just let me know.

Hope you have a great day ahead - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

not seeing Dropbox in file explorer (Win 10)`
3 Replies
0 Likes