Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

others get message saying to view the file i sent they need to create a dropbox acct

New member | Level 2

I have an impairment, doing things using a device is hard for me.  when I have soemthing on dropbox i want to send to some0one even though theyire in my contacts , unless i type in their exact email adress i cant send to them from dropbox, I cant remember their email addresses , I only remember mine. so i send the file to myself then forward to that person i want tos send it to but they  get a message saying to view the file i sent they need to create a dropbox acct?

1 Reply

Re: others get message saying to view the file i sent they need to create a dropbox acct

Dropboxer
Hey @mummyrabbit, let me explore how we could improve that; thanks for getting in touch on the Community! 

#1. As an initial point of reference, can you let me know whether you’ve been working on your desktop/online or on your phone? Also, are you using any special software with Dropbox by any chance? Please let me know in your next message if possible. 

#2. From there, let me ask if you’ve checked out this resource on how you could go about importing contacts to Dropbox. Please have a look at it whenever you have a bit of spare time & let me know if you have any follow-up inquiries. 

#3. Last but not least, I’m wondering if you’ve shared a link to the content you’d like to send to your colleague & they’re seeing a pop-up message that they could merely dismiss. Could this be the case by any chance? 

Please have a look at my suggestions at your earliest convenience & let me know how you get on with my advice or if I’ve misunderstood your question in any way on our discussion here. Thanks in advance! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

others get message saying to view the file i sent they need to create a dropbox acct
1 Reply
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post