Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

Highlighted

.pdf files are supported but something went wrong.

Explorer | Level 3

Screenshot_2.png

18 Replies

Re: .pdf files are supported but something went wrong.

Dropboxer

Hi there @Moooo,

If this is a file received in a shared link, please note that the option to download can be disabled in which case, you'll have to contact the sender for more info.

However, as for preview the file, could you please try opening it from another browser or an incognito window? If that doesn't work, could you also try clearing the cache and disabling any third party browser extensions? Maybe that will do the trick. 

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Explorer | Level 3
i even downloaded a new browser → same result incognito window → same result not working clearing cache → Same result disable third party did not work For PDF Still Same Error it only affected MP4 video Now it let me see the play button then →MP4 files are supported but something went wrong.

Super User II

@Moooo 

I suggest logging a ticket at www.dropbox.com/support with a copy of the link to see if they can work out whats going wrong. You can then track said ticket at http://dropbox.zendesk.com

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Dropboxer

Hey @Moooo

I just wanted to let you know that I was able to find your ticket and have made sure to follow up. Please check your inbox for my latest message and we'll take it from there. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil

files are supported but something went wrong

New member | Level 2

I've shared a folder from our business account to a non-business user and for every file within that folder all cannot be accessed and comes up with this error message.

The non-business user can then download it but must be corrupt in some way, as they cannot open it.

Any ideas? :(

Tags (1)

Re: files are supported but something went wrong

Dropboxer

Hey there @jrussell25,

Can you let me know what file types you have shared with the user? Could you check in this article here if the size of the file is within the preview limits for the relevant file type?

When the file is downloaded from the website, can you send along a screenshot of the error message that is shown (excluding any personal info)?

Let me know what you find and we can go from there - thanks!

Daphne

New member | Level 2

Hi @Daphne,

See below images of the errors both on Dropbox online and after downloading a PDF. I have also now realised that it isn't just in the shared folder this is happening. It seems to be all of the files in Dropbox!

In general, most of the files are xlsx, pdf, png, jpeg, psd, docx... all general file types (nothing too whacky!).

Thanks in advance slightly smiling face

Capture.PNGdropbox error.PNG

Dropboxer

Hey @jrussell25,

Just to rule out all possibilities, can you please try viewing the file using another web browser, through an incognito/private window and even try clearing the browser's cache? Also, can you try using the "Open with" option and see if you still receive an error upon opening the file?

Keep me posted - thanks!

Daphne

New member | Level 2

Hi @Daphne,

I was using Chrome, just tried Microsoft Edge and still comes up with the same error.

I've also tried the "Open With" option with Smallpdf and that brings up this error:

small pdf error.PNG

I also tried incognito window and that does the same as previously.

Thanks!

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

.pdf files are supported but something went wrong.
18 Replies
0 Likes
Dropbox Design Research
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post