Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

personal Dropbox account not syncing to iPad after adding business account

Level 2

I added a business account to my computer. Now my personal account is not syncing with my iPad. There are no green check marks on my personal folders, but all the business folders have green checks. I don't know if adding the business account messed up my personal account or not. I have logged out and back in, restarted both computer and iPad multiple times. 

3 Replies

Re: personal Dropbox account not syncing to iPad after adding business account

Dropboxer

Hey there Jennifer, sorry to hear about this syncing issue.

Just to clarify now, are you having an issue with logging into your account on the desktop application on your computer, on the mobile app (iPad) or just through a web session?

Could you share a screenshot of any errors you might be getting so I can get a better understanding of the matter at hand?

If you're trying to connect your work account and your personal one, have you followed the steps outlined in the article below?

https://help.dropbox.com/business/connect-personal-work-account

Let me know what you find!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 2

Hi Walter - thanks for helping. I am not having any trouble logging in to either account. In my computer (PC), I have altered/added/deleted some documents/folders in my personal account, which is connected to my iPad. None of those revisions show up in my Dropbox app on my iPad. I don't get any errors at all - the files just aren't there. 

I do not want to connect the two accounts. I want to keep them separate, as the business account is a 30-day trial. The only reason I think this may have something to do with the problem, is that I only noticed this issue AFTER adding the business account. Also, my personal account uses a personal email. I got notification of your reply in my business email inbox. I'm thinking somehow the business account overrode my personal one or something...?

Dropboxer

Thanks for the swift response Jennifer! 

At this point, I think you might be looking at different accounts on your devices and that's the root cause of this issue.  Can you clarify if this is the case?

You can do this from your Dropbox desktop application by following these steps:

1. Click the Dropbox icon in your system tray
  2. Click the gear icon
  3. Click "Preferences"
  4. Access the account tab and check the email associated with the account that you're logged into through the desktop app. 

If you'd like to check which account you are logged onto in the website, please follow these steps: 

1. Click the drop-down arrow on the top right corner of the Dropbox website
  2. Click "Settings"
  3. Check the email associated with your account.

To see which email address you use on your iPad (the mobile app), just navigate to the "Personal" tab and check the email address it associates with.

Let me know if this helped!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

personal Dropbox account not syncing to iPad after adding business account
3 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post