Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

photos failing to upload

Explorer | Level 3

I am trying to clear some space on my phone so I have been uploading photos onto dropbox. I had no problems at first, but all of a sudden I can only upload 1 photo successfully, if I try to upload more than one it'll upload one and all the other photos will fail to upload. It says upload failed and dropbox doesn't have the permission to read the other files, but it will work if I upload one at a time. I've attempted both manually moving the photos and using the + button on dropbox, but neither work. Is there any way to fix this? 

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: photos failing to upload

Dropboxer

Hey there @Buyoung  - sorry to hear about this.

Could you please try to clear the cache on your app and then sign out and back into your Dropbox account? 

On iOS:
- Navigate to the “Personal” tab
- Tap the gear icon in the upper-left corner of the screen
- Select “Clear Cache”

Please note: If you do not see the gear icon on this main page, first click on the icon on the bottom right of the app that says “Account”, “Personal” or your Dropbox Business name. You should see the gear icon on this account page.

On Android:
- Tap the menu icon in the upper-left corner of the screen
- Select "Settings"
- Select “Clear Cache” 

Once this is done then please ensure you log out of the Dropbox application, then restart your device and log back in again.

If you still get the same error, please send me a screenshot so I can investigate further.

Thanks in advance and happy Monday!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

photos failing to upload
1 Reply
1 Like
Solved! : See solution