Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!

no

problem uploading video files to camera uploads

Explorer | Level 3

I have the same probem as kac0524. How do I uplaod video files automatically onto camper uplaods. It no longer works for me. Some videos upload manually if I save it to camera uploads using the mobile app. However, other videos give me an error message and don't upload. 

12 Replies

Re: problem uploading video files to camera uploads

Dropboxer
Hey there @elcorral,

As a first step, can you please provide me a little more info on this such as the OS of your device and a screenshot of the Camera Uploads settings (steps in the spoiler below)?

More information
  1. Open the Dropbox mobile app.
  2. Tap "Account" on the bottom of the screen.
  3. Tap Camera Uploads.
  4. Check Camera Uploads is toggled on and you'll see the other options beneath.
Android phone
  1. Open the Dropbox app.
  2. Tap the menu button in the top left corner.
  3. Tap "Settings".
  4. Under Camera uploads, tap Turn on camera uploads.
  5. Tap Allow.
Also, let me know the error message you received previously when uploading the videos manually into your account. Do you get the error message when the app is in the foreground or uploading in the background?

Finally, can you confirm for me that these videos are in your device’s camera roll or are they located within another location on your device? 

Let me know what you find - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Follow up- unresolved technical issue with camera uploading videos

Explorer | Level 3

I am following up to an unresolved issue regarding uploading videos from my camera roll onto my dropbox cameral folder. Daphne was helping me and I responed to her message and have not received a reply. What next?

Re: Follow up- unresolved technical issue with camera uploading videos

Dropboxer

Hey there @elcorral - sorry to hear this persists for you.

I have merged your recent post your older thread so as to have all the relevant information under the same place.

Could you also forward us the replies to @Daphne's questions so we can investigate further? 

Thanks so much in advance and happy July!

Walter

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Explorer | Level 3

settings: can't attach a photo of the screen shot takenIMG_2269.PNG

error message: Can't upload file. There was a problem uploading "xxxx.MOV". Please try again. 

video location: camera roll in iPhone

Explorer | Level 3

When will someone get back to me regading my unreosolved issue and non-reply from daphne? 

Highlighted

Super User II

As you've only just posted the information today @elcorral nobody could reply before that....

I'm sure when somebody from support are in next week they'll reply to you (@Daphne etc)

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Dropboxer

Thanks for replying with this info and screenshot. As mentioned, your first reply never made it to us on the Community here but now that you kindly provided that, let's get into it!

As a first step, can you please clear the cache in the Dropbox mobile app to see if this helps with uploading the video? You can do this with the following steps:

1. Open the Dropbox app on your device.
2. Tap the Account tab.
3. Tap the gear icon in the top left corner.
4. Select the option to “Clear cache”.

If this doesn’t help resolve the issue, can you please try using another WiFi connection to see if this results in a different behaviour. Also, if you try and upload with cellular data, do you still get the same error message?

Let me know what you find - Thanks!

Daphne

Explorer | Level 3

Cache has been cleared.

The same files (from early-mid June) do not upload and save manually using different wifi and cellular network connections.  The same error message is received that there is a problem and try again.

Recent video files from the last two weeks are uploading but not in the order saved to iPhone and are saved several days after they are saved to iPhone. When I check drop box the video files are not found and it says all files are currently uploaded with no new files found. 

Dropboxer

Would you mind if I reached out to the email address associated with your Community profile so that we can do some further investigation into this issue?

Otherwise, if you already have a ticket open with our Support team for this issue, please let me know the ticket reference number (eg. #1234567) so that I can follow up there with the info you provided here.

Let me know - Thanks!

Daphne

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

problem uploading video files to camera uploads
12 Replies
0 Likes