cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with downloading big video from Dropbox

problem with downloading big video from Dropbox

Tobiasbryld
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, i have created a movie, and sent it to my computer over dropbox. The movie file is 4.1 GB, so it is pretty big. Every time i press download on my computer, it never completes the download, and i can't get the file from Dropbox over to my computer

please help, i need this very much

Thank You

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
You can press 'add to my Dropbox' if you have enough quota. If you dont then it may give an error, but, I'm not 100% sure now.

If not I'm afraid you may struggle if your ISP is flaky - the issue is (sadly) all to do with how well the ISP can handle large files.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Download and install Dropbox on your machine to let it down that way - it downloads in 4mb chunks then rather than in one big go.

www.dropbox.com/install

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Tobiasbryld
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

But what if i got the file from a link? so the file is shared to me

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
You can press 'add to my Dropbox' if you have enough quota. If you dont then it may give an error, but, I'm not 100% sure now.

If not I'm afraid you may struggle if your ISP is flaky - the issue is (sadly) all to do with how well the ISP can handle large files.

Tobiasbryld
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Mark,

So am i ment to synchronize from Dropbox.com to my application on my computer?

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
You dont have to, no, but if you have a poor internet connection it is a suitable work around

SoloMail
New member | Level 2

Video file (13.8 gb) will not download completely. Downloads approx 12.2-12.8gb then it shows complete, but the video is missing approx 15 minutes. Have tried Firefox, Chrome, day and nighttime, different Mac computers. I am in CA. Friend in Maryland downloads file on first try.

Mark
Super User II

Where and how are you downloading it?

Note that if it is downloading and opening the file itself is correct and working - so you and the other person are doing it differently. If the file was actually missing a few gb of data you'd get an error and it wouldn't play. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    SoloMail New member | Level 2
    Tobiasbryld New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?