Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

quantity of files in a folder

New member | Level 2

Hello  -Is there a way to see how many files are in a folder when logged in through the website? I have a folder with several thousand files, but I need an exact count.

Thanks,

Eric

Tags (1)
5 Replies

Re: quantity of files in a folder

Dropboxer
Hey there @eric9999,

Through the website we don’t currently have a way to see how many files are within a folder. 

However, as a work around I can suggest that when you are within the folder, you can select all files using Ctrl+A/Command+A and you will see the total number of selected items above the file options on the right of the web page. Just to note, any folders that are selected will show as 1 item, not the total number of items within them.

The most accurate way to get a total count of files in locations within the Dropbox folder is to use the desktop app Dropbox folder and checking the properties of the folder.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

New member | Level 2

Thanks for that Daphne- solves my problem. I would use the desktop app dropbox folder, but I am not in a location where that resides at the moment.

Eric

Highlighted

Dropboxer

I’m glad to hear this info was helpful for you!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out to us here on the Community.

Have a great day - Cheers!

Daphne

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

New member | Level 2

Daphne, I have another idea for a work-around. Why doesn't Dropbox work on adding the item count feature so we don't have to work around? Thanks.

Dropboxer

Hey @Jim M.2,

Thanks for letting us know your thoughts on this, I've passed this along to our dev team for review.

Cheers!

Daphne

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

quantity of files in a folder
5 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution