Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

"Couldn't save watermark" error

Helpful | Level 5

Couldn’t save watermark. Refresh the page to try again.

it does not allow me to save an edition of a file with a watermark. Does anyone else is facing the same problem.

Tags (2)
10 Replies

Re: watermark problem

New member | Level 2

I don't believe that having a watermark on the file should affect the support for storage, what type of file are you trying to save it as?

Helpful | Level 5

no i am afraid i was not clear. It is a pdf file that i want to add a watermark with the dropbox feauture but it does not allow me to save the watermark version of the file. And gives me the "Couldn’t save watermark. Refresh the page to try again." message.

Dropboxer

Hey @harrysfil, let's see what we can do about this! 

Are you getting an error when following the steps to add watermarks? If so, could you send us a screenshot (without any personal information) of that error?

Also, do you get the same result when trying the same action from a different browser or private/incognito window? 

Keep me posted, thanks!

Helpful | Level 5

i did try another browser (both chrome and firefox) but problem is still present. Also tried private/incognito mode with no luckAnnotation 2019-09-10 225649.jpg

Dropboxer

Thank you for the update and screenshot, @harrysfil!

Could you also clear your preferred browser's cache and restore it to the default settings to ensure that no plugins or add-ons are hindering it? 

After doing that, can you test if this happens with all files or just this one? If it's the latter, please tell me its size as that may be helpful for further investigation. 

Let me know what you find!

Helpful | Level 5

i tried with both browsers and also with private mode. Also with several files of only 1 mb. 

Dropboxer

Thank you for the update, @harrysfil

In order to look into this a bit deeper I have reached out to you via email, to the email address associated with your Community profile. 

If you could keep an eye out for that and reply back to me when you can, and we'll take it from there.

Thanks!

New member | Level 2

hello, 

i# have the same problem. please reach out to me too because I upgraded specifically for this. 

thank you 

Tags (1)

Dropboxer

Hi there @berlinscout24

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Could you confirm if you are getting the same error on all browsers, both in normal and private/incognito mode?

Also, are you seeing this when trying to watermark any specific file type, or does it happen to all files (and sizes)? 

If you could send me a screenshot (without any personal information) of the error you are getting that would be super helpful, too!

Thank you in advance!

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

"Couldn't save watermark" error
10 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post