Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

"Export -> Save Video" Not Working on ios 12.4

New member | Level 2

As the title says, I've been consistently getting this error (screenshot attached) since updating IOS and Dropbox to the latest versions. I've tried deleting and re-installing the app serveral times, and the problem persists.

As a side note, exporting to camera roll from other cloud apps (Google Drive for example) works fine.

Does anyone have a fix for this? A big part of my workflow is using dropbox to get videos onto my phone for social media posting.

Thanks,

Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 8.14.38 AM.png

Tags (1)
4 Replies

Re: "Export -> Save Video" Not Working on ios 12.4

Dropboxer
Hey @shawhan, thanks for taking the time to let us know of the progress so far & including a screenshot for us; this has been really helpful! 

Now Shawn, the description & the error message you’ve received makes me think that you don’t have the space needed to save the video on your iPhone, could this be the case be any chance? Additionally, what’s the size of the file you’d like to export?

If it’s not too much trouble for you, could you include a step-by-step description of what led you to this error message for me, so as to check the results I’m seeing on my end? Thanks again & I’ll be awaiting your next message here! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

Hi Jane,

Thanks for the response. I checked my space available, and that's not the issue. The video file is 3.5MB, and currently i have over 100GB of free space on my iphone. 

Here's a link to a video with my step-by-step process:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4t9xuw99zarbgaw/RPReplay_Final1565788023.MP4?dl=0

Thanks

sh

Super User II

It's working fine for me on iOS 12.4. Have you restarted the phone?

Dropboxer
Thank you for the prompt reply back & the video @shawhan; this has been very helpful! I can’t re-create the behavior on my end either, so following-up on your last update, I’d like to rule out that the error message is attributed to your connection. Would you mind repeating once on a different WiFi or while connected to your data plan? 

As an additional troubleshooting step, would you mind marking the file for Offline viewing & then proceed with the download from the Offline tab on your 🏠 Home tab? 

More information
MobileOnboarding_OfflineFiles.gif

Please let me know if this extra step does the trick for you Shawn & thanks again for keeping in touch with me here!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

"Export -> Save Video" Not Working on ios 12.4
4 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post