cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: "No such file or directory" error?

"No such file or directory" error?

emnu2005
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

My associate shared a folder filled with CR2 (camera RAW) files with me. I've added the folder to my Dropbox account, and downloaded to my computer. The folder downloads successfully as a zip file, but when I attempt to open I get an "Unable to expand. Error 2: No such file or directory" error. 

I can see the files in my Dropbox account just fine, and I can download them individually without issue. There are 400 of them, though, and I don't want to download one at a time. 

Can anyone help me troubleshoot please? TIA!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the visual aid here @emnu2005 - it's most appreciated while it helps narrow down the issue. 

I'm afraid it's exactly as I thought as this issue echoes some similar reports we had recently.

I won't be able to suggest a 3rd party app to un-zip (or un-archive) the zipped folder on your computer but I'm sure you'll get a plenty of results if you run a simple web search. 

Let me know if you have any additional questions; I'll be happy to follow up!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello @emnu2005; welcome to our Community!

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues while trying to access a zipped folder that was downloaded from our website. Can you send me a screenshot of the exact error you get so I can have a visual too?

Also, could you try another software other than the one you originally used to access this zip file and let me know if you're still getting the same error?

Thanks!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

emnu2005
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 1.06.50 PM.png

I've tried downloading from the file saved in my Dropbox and directly from the link to her Dropbox account (not logged into mine) and get the same error. I've also tried saving the zip file to my desktop and also my external storage (thinking maybe I don't have enough space on my computer to open the file, as I know it's huge - although I don't think that's the problem) and still get the same error. 

I've always only used Archive Utility to unzip files. Can you suggest another program to try?

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the visual aid here @emnu2005 - it's most appreciated while it helps narrow down the issue. 

I'm afraid it's exactly as I thought as this issue echoes some similar reports we had recently.

I won't be able to suggest a 3rd party app to un-zip (or un-archive) the zipped folder on your computer but I'm sure you'll get a plenty of results if you run a simple web search. 

Let me know if you have any additional questions; I'll be happy to follow up!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

marshallajonesj
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

How is the "Accepted solution" a solution at all? There is no solution provided. Thanks for nothing, Dropbox. 

marshallajonesj
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Did you ever find a solution? Same issue here!

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @marshallajonesj; sorry for the late reply. 

If you're still having issues with this, I'll need to re-iterate that the users affected by this resolved it by using another app to unzip the file. 

You can probably find a free version of a program (app) that offers this feature by using a web search on your prefered web browser. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

umer1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm also experiencing this exact same problem when sharing files with friends using Dropbox Transfer. When they open the zip using default Archive Utility on a Mac, they get that annoying Error 2. 

Individually its fine and works fine on Dropbox itself, so its the way that Dropbox is encrypting the .zip files that doesn't sit well with the Mac OS.

Any help other than finding a new unzipping app would be appreciated!!

Lady_S
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

WINZIP worked for me. Download the free trial and you'll be on your way!

editingforever
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Yes, winzip worked for me too..Dropbox is extremely unhelpful!!!

Everyone download winzip!

Need more support?