Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

remote synching and starting dropbox in Mac command line via ssh

New member | Level 2

I have dropbox installed on my office Mac where I need to run IDL remotely using programs in the dropbox folder. I am working on my laptop when traveling  and I connect with ssh into my office Mac computer, but the Dropbox does not automatically sync, so I can't used the IDL programs I modify in my correspondig laptop dropbox-folder because of the syncing problem. 

I need instructions ASAP how to remote sync my Dropbox folder in my office Mac using Mac commandline when ssh:ing into my office Mac. 

I have already tried the following without success:

open Dropbox.app

LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed with error -10810 for the file /Applications/Dropbox.app.

open -a Dropbox.app

The application /Users/myusername/Library/Application Support/Dropbox/Dropbox.app cannot be opened because its executable is missing.

1 Reply

Re: remote synching and starting dropbox in Mac command line via ssh

Dropboxer
Hey @plasmavortex, it looks like the error message pertains to your configuration- not Dropbox, therefore I’d suggest running a search on our preferred browser for the message you’re getting, that could point you towards the best next steps. From there, I’ll also leave this question open to our Community of users; maybe someone having the same setup could offer their insight on how you’d best go about on this matter. 

Thanks for taking the time to drop us a line on our Community & enjoy the rest of your day! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

remote synching and starting dropbox in Mac command line via ssh
1 Reply
0 Likes
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post