cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restore very very old deleted files

restore very very old deleted files

zoom_zoom
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

7 years ago I opened my first dropbox account and uploaded lots of photos from my trip.

Sadly I didnt understood the notice  that the files are too big and did a regular download so I got a folder with some files and an empty file named "Not all files could be downloaded".

Lots of files were lost this way.  

And then sadly again I deleted the origion files from dropbox on the web

Is there any way its possible to restore this files

It was a long and amazing  trip and I would like very much to have this photos

Please assist

10x

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey again, @zoom_zoom

If these photos were deleted 7 years ago, I'm afraid there's not much we can do, since all files will be permanently deleted after your account's recovery window. 

I understand this isn't the ideal reply you were looking for, but let me know if you have any other queries. Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @zoom_zoom, thanks for reaching out to us about this. 

You can recover files within 30 days of their deletion for Basic/Plus accounts, and 180 days for Professional/Business account. If you're not sure which subscription your account is on, you can check your Plan tab.

After that, all files will be permanently deleted within 60 days in the normal course of operations. You can find more info about this here

If you are within the recovery window though, you can have a look at this article for more info on how to restore them. 

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

zoom_zoom
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This does not help

As mentained I refering to files 7 years ago

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey again, @zoom_zoom

If these photos were deleted 7 years ago, I'm afraid there's not much we can do, since all files will be permanently deleted after your account's recovery window. 

I understand this isn't the ideal reply you were looking for, but let me know if you have any other queries. Thanks!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

zoom_zoom
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi 

Sad to hear 

10x for the replay 🙂

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Sorry I couldn't be of more help on this matter, but I'll be around if anything else comes up. :beers:

In the meantime, have a lovely weekend ahead, @zoom_zoom

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropbox Staff
    zoom_zoom New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?