Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

same computer and same user profile but different dropbox accounts- how to make one primary

New member | Level 2

same computer

same user log on

2 dropbox accounts

i want to make my new dropbox account (paid 2TB) the primary account so it shows on file explorer

thanks

1 Reply

Re: same computer and same user profile but different dropbox accounts- how to make one primary

Dropboxer
Hey there @fandango123

If your accounts are both on a personal/individual plan (Basic/Plus/Professional), currently, there’s no option to link them on the same user profile on your computer. 

If you’d like to have to have a different Dropbox account connected and syncing to your device, you’ll have to unlink the one that you’re already signed into. 

Please bear in mind though that when you relink to a different Dropbox account, the desktop app will detect that another Dropbox folder already exists on the computer, and will give you two options: 
  • Choose Another Location: Select this option if you want your new Dropbox folder to be in another location other than the one your existing folder is on.
  • Install: Select this one if you'd like your new Dropbox folder to be in the same location as your existing one. This will rename the existing Dropbox folder to Dropbox (Old) and will create a new Dropbox folder for the account you’re linking.
However, if you have one personal/individual account and the other one is on a Business subscription, you’ll have to first connect them on the website and then connect them on your computer.

In such a case, please note that both Dropbox folders for both Dropbox accounts should show up in our File Explorer. 

I hope this helps!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

same computer and same user profile but different dropbox accounts- how to make one primary
1 Reply
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post