cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spinning wheel - starting

spinning wheel - starting

isobelsnowie
New member | Level 2

This problem started back about a year ago and I blamed it on horrible internet.  Now I am starting work up again and have good internet and the problem persists.  The dropbox icon is grey and when I click on it there is a spinning wheel and it says "starting..." but nothing ever starts and I can't access anything.  Please let me know if there is an easy solution.  I just tried redownloading new software and that didn't resolve anything.

Screen Shot 2019-11-13 at 10.07.10 AM.png

1 Reply 1

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi @isobelsnowie - welcome to our Community!

If you've already made sure that this is not caused by a firewall, an antivirus or even a VPN/proxy setting on your computer, then I'd suggest giving a simple re-install a go as it might do the trick for you. 

You can use the offline installer of our latest stable build, just to be sure that the installation process goes smoothly. 

Let me know what you find and we'll take it from there! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?