Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

unable to change content to "online only" through smart sync

New member | Level 2

Hi,

I have a problem similar to the one posted here: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Files-folders/Unable-to-check-Online-only-content-smartsync/td-p/310...

A folder was recently shared with me that has more content than I have space for. It automatically started syncing until I got the error "Can't sync (not enough free disk space)".

I have tried enabling smart synch and selecting "online only". When I do that, it appears to try to synch again and then soon reverts to the same error. In the Smart Synch drop down, "Local" remains selected despite how many times I try to select "online only".

I have tried restarting my computer and I have every other application closed.

For reference, my OS is OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.16.

Please help!

1 Reply

Re: unable to change content to "online only" through smart sync

Dropboxer

Hi @vmic, thank you for reaching out about this! 

It sounds like the shared folder you accepted filled up your local drive and so the Dropbox desktop app cannot finish syncing.

Are you able to remove other folders from your device via the selective sync settings, to see if that lets the new folder finish syncing? 

Let me know if that helps and we'll take it from there. 

Thanks!

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

unable to change content to "online only" through smart sync
1 Reply
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post