Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

unable to restore my folder

Explorer | Level 3

I have lost the folder of mine on 18/9/2019 and the system stated that I am not able to restore the folder. Please assist me to restore my photos. "We were unable to fatch deleted files details. Anyone encountered this problem?

Tags (1)
7 Replies
Highlighted

Re: unable to restore my folder

Super User II

It would be best if you contacted Support directly so they can look into the matter for you.

Open your ticket here: https://dropbox.com/support
Track your ticket here: https://dropbox.zendesk.com

Replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Plus, Professional and Business users getting priority (longer for Basic users). If you have a Business account that includes chat and/or phone support, those options are available in your Admin console by clicking Help.

Explorer | Level 3

I have tried opening a ticket but I am unable to. I can not retrieve the event link as there isn't one available. Is there a direct contact to a live chat? I have all my important photos in there. dbox.JPG

Super User II

According to your screenshot, you've removed your access to a shared folder. When you do that, the files are removed from your account and cannot be recovered. In order to gain access to the folder again, you need to contact the owner of the folder and ask them to re-invite you to it.

Explorer | Level 3

The problem is , I haven't done that. And I have no idea of how I remove my access to the shared folder, why would I do it to the folder I treasure so much. Anyway I can talk to a representative and actually find out what happened to my account

Super User II

It's possible the owner of the folder removed your access. The message will say that you removed your access even if it was the owner that removed you from the folder.

Regardless of how or who removed the access, only the owner of the folder can add you back to it. You need to contact them.

Explorer | Level 3

The thing is, I was the one who created the folder and I haven't changed the ownership over the years. Any possible way I can check with dropbox in order to clarify my situation and come up with possible solution. (I don't have an event link)

Super User II

Yes, by opening a ticket as mentioned previously. Just don't select the option that requires an event link.

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

unable to restore my folder
7 Replies
0 Likes
Dropbox Design Research
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey